Thinking about selling your home?
It’s All About You
Our real estate business has been built around one guiding principle: It’s all about you.
• Your needs
• Your dreams
• Your concerns
• Your questions
• Your finances
• Your time
• Your life
Our focus is on our client’s complete satisfaction. In fact, we work to get the job done so well, you will want to tell your friends and associates about it. Maybe that’s why more than 70 percent of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals.
What We Deliver
Your needs always come first. We provide the service we agree to, in the ways that work for you, whether once a week, once a day, by phone, email or text message. That’s how we’ll do it.
You’ll always be kept in the loop. From listing to closing, you’ll know the status of our marketing efforts, the offers on the table and the steps leading to a successful closing once an offer is accepted. We’ll agree on the communication method that works best for you.
Experience and Expertise
The complexities of your real estate transaction will be well-handled. Smoothing the way for your listing and sale, we will capably remove many potential challenges before they have the opportunity to appear.
Your home will get the exposure it deserves. Our marketing systems maximize your property’s exposure to buyers. Neighborhood tracking tools and automated buyer calling systems allow us to reach active buyers who want to know about your listing.
When homes are priced right, they sell quickly. With a keen understanding of both the big picture and the very latest local and neighborhood listing sales data, the information you need is at our fingertips. We will provide you with everything you need to price competitively.
We’ll advise you on staging and can provide professional staging services if needed. Homes sell because of correct pricing and great presentation. We know what it takes to make the terrific first impression that will get your home sold.
We’ll guarantee your satisfaction. Our relationship is dependent on meeting and exceeding your needs. We identify those needs together.
The Home Selling Process
It can feel like the details are endless when you’re selling a property. It is our job to streamline the process for you, ensuring everything is completed as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here’s an overview of the steps we’ll be taking along the way.
Communication makes all the difference.
You’ll always know what’s going on behind the scenes while your property is listed. We will solicit feedback from each consumer and agent who views your property, passing their comments on to you.
We will work together to formulate a price adjustment strategy that sees us through your listing period. You’ll receive regular progress reports, delivered as frequently as you request. Whether you prefer a phone call or an email, that’s what you’ll get.
Prepare your home for a successful sale.
More and more sellers today are seeing the value of investing in a pre-inspection on the property they are preparing to list. Whether or not you are confident in the condition of the home, an inspection can either give us professional, third-party validation, or reveal issues you should attend to before listing your property – issues a buyer inspection could surface later, making them part of the final price negotiation.
We will evaluate the current state of your property and arrange home staging. Any repairs or improvements needed to maximize your home’s value and appeal will be identified and scheduled.
When everything’s in place, we’ll put a lockbox on your property.
The Home-Selling Process: Getting Ready to List
Let’s begin with this direct statement: We are not the ones who decide how much your home is worth. The market does. It tells us exactly where to price your property to sell and how to approach the marketing of it. Here are the factors that will affect the value in today’s market:
Pricing your home properly from the start is the deciding factor on how long it will take to sell it.
Location is the single most important factor in determining the value of your property.
The condition of the property affects the price and the speed of the sale. As prospective buyers often make purchases based on emotion, first impressions are important. We’ll be able to help in optimizing the physical appearance of your home to maximize the buyer’s perception of value.
Prospective buyers are going to compare your property – both the condition and the price – to other listings in and around your neighbourhood. Those buyers will determine value based on properties that are listed or have recently sold in the area.
Property values are affected by the current real estate market. Because we can’t manipulate the market, we’ll collaborate on a pricing and marketing strategy that will take advantage of the first 14 days your property is listed. It’s the window of opportunity when buyers and their agents discover your property and are most likely to visit and make offers.
How Buyers Find the Home They Purchase
Buyers find the home they purchase primarily by looking on the Internet and by asking real estate agents. An excellent agent with a terrific Internet marketing program is your best path to a sale.
The Home-Selling Process: Marketing Your Property
Our 12-Step Marketing Plan
Designed to capture the maximum exposure for your home in the shortest period of time, we’ll implement our proven 12-Step Marketing Plan.
- Price your home strategically so you’re competitive with the current market and price trends.
- Arrange for a professional staging consult of your home to cast a positive light on the features most important to buyers: uncluttered rooms and closets, fresh paint, and terrific curb appeal.
- Place “for sale” signage, complete with property fliers easily accessible to drive-by prospects.
- Distribute “just listed” notices to neighbors, encouraging them to tell family and friends about your home.
- Optimize your home’s Internet presence by posting information in the Keller Williams Listing System (KWLS), as well as local and global MLS systems including plenty of photographs and a description of your property.
- Create a home book, comment cards and fliers to place inside your property.
- Target our marketing to active real estate agents who specialize in selling homes in you
- Have your home professionally photographed which will create a virtual tour of your home on the Multiple List Service.
- Advertise your home in our direct-mail campaigns, email campaigns and social media outlets.
- Create an open house schedule to promote your property to prospective buyers and market
those open houses.
- Target active buyers and investors in our database who are looking for homes in your price
range and area.
- Provide you with weekly updates detailing our marketing efforts, including comments from
the prospective buyers and agents who have visited your home.
The Home-Selling Process: Staging Your Home
Three Things to Remember:
• You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
• A review of more than 2,800 properties in eight cities found that staged homes, on average, sold in half the time that non-staged homes did.
• Most buyers make decisions about the property they see within the first 15 seconds of entering the home. Adding cost-effective amenities and improving the general cleanliness and condition of the home is what we call “staging.”
When a seller stages their home, one of two things happens: The home becomes more valuable than other comparable properties in that price range. The home gets moved up in price and becomes the lowest priced in the next higher price bracket or category.*
*Based on the national best-seller SHIFT: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times by Gary Keller
The Home-Selling Process: Closing and Beyond
Coordinating Your Sale to a Successful Closing
All potential buyers will be pre-qualified so valuable time isn’t wasted. Each offer will be presented and discussed with you. We will negotiate the details of your transaction with the other agent. Closing will be prepared, coordinated and finalized for you.
Beyond the Sale
• Do you need an agent to assist you in your relocation?
• Need a recommendation for a moving company?
• Would a moving checklist help?
• We’re happy to refer you to great providers of other real estate-related services. We’re here to make the sale of your home as smooth and stress-free as possible.